Here’s a list of everything I own. Sort of. I don’t include below my climbing, mountaineering, hiking, and camping gear, which takes up 2 plastic bins and 1 suitcase under my bed.
I also don’t include some things I always have in my car, like a couple tools, a map book, and an iPod charger.
This is the result of several months of concentrated decluttering efforts in which I got rid of about a thousand books and a bajillion other things.
I’ll updated this list as necessary, and I might add photos in the future. Feel free to ask questions about anything you might see here.
When I first wrote this list, the number of items was 89. Now it’s at 79.
EDIT July 8, 2011: I got rid of an additional 1 pair of socks, 1 pair of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 t-shirts, the big tripod, permanent marker, big notebook, box of checks, and the laptop bag. I bought a rechargeable battery charger.
EDIT November 7, 2011: This list is no longer accurate or updated, and I now have even fewer things.
BIG STUFF (5)
- Mountain bike (w/helmet & lock)
- Ikea POÄNG chair and footstool
- Floor lamp
- Bedding (pillow, sheets, blanket)
DRESS CLOTHES (10)
- White dress shirt
- Black slacks
- 5 ties
- 1 pair of black socks
- Black dress shoes
“NORMAL” CLOTHES (29)
- 4 pairs of white socks
- 6 pairs of underwear
- Vans Authentic shoes (gray)
- Sanuk flip-flops – Nice and light, super comfy. Great for traveling.
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 9 t-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Rain jacket
- Sony Vaio laptop
- Targus cooling pad – I work in my chair with my laptop on my lap, so I need one of these.
- Logitech wireless mouse – The best mouse I’ve ever owned.
- Canond PowerShot Digital Elph camera (w/ cord, battery, case, etc.)
- Kodak Zi8 HD digital video camera (w/ battery, case, etc.)
- Olympus ME-15 lapel microphone
- Petzl e+Lite mini headlamp – Great for night running, for travel, and for reading my Kindle at night.
- Joby Gorillapod – This small tripod is a recent purchase and I think it’s freaking awesome. Very light.
- Alarm clock
- Cell phone and charger
- Kindle (w/ cover, USB cable)
- 2 pairs of headphones – I have weird ears and these fit in there great without falling out.
- Extension cord
- iPod Nano 16gb
- 750 GB external hard drive
- Sony rechargeable battery charger w/batteries
OTHER STUFF (19)
- REI MulitTowel Lite XL – I LOVE this towel, and it packs up really small.
- Small umbrella
- 3 books
- Small notebook
- Money belt w/passport and checks
- Swiss army knife
- Sunglasses (always in my car)
- Large plastic Ziploc bag of mementos/memorabilia
- Toiletries and medicine
- Wallet and keys
- Carry-on-sized backpack/suitcase – This is an awesome bag. It doubles as my dirty clothes receptacle when I’m not traveling.
- Small leather portfolio/laptop bag
- Old wooden ice axe signed by Edmund Hillary, the first person to climb Mt. Everest
- Big suitcase
- Small box of business cards
» SUV RVing: How to Travel, Camp, Sleep, Explore, and Thrive in the Ultimate Tiny House
» 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks: Tips for Better Sport Climbing, Trad Climbing, Multi-Pitch Climbing, Rappelling, and More
» Hiking Arches National Park: An Opinionated Guide to the Park's Best Hikes
» Everest Pilgrim: A Solo Trek to Nepal's Everest Base Camp and Beyond
» Himalayan Pilgrim: A Chronicle of Independent Trekking Through Nepal's Less-Traveled Regions
» Annapurna Pilgrim: A Solo Trek of Nepal's Annapurna Circuit in Winter
» 365 Blog Post Ideas: Years of Blogging Ideas for Any Niche