This is one of the classic peak enchainments of Utah’s Wasatch Range.
I want to have climbed all of the Wasatch’s 11,000-foot peaks by the end of the summer, and the Triple Traverse knocked out three of them.
- Broad Fork Twin Peaks – 11,330 ft (east summit) and 11,328 ft (west summit). I climbed both summits.
- Sunrise Peak (aka O’Sullivan Peak) – 11,274 ft
- Dromedary Peak – 11,107 ft
- 9:04 – Left my car (~6,100′)
- 10:05 – Arrived at the pond
- 10:45 – Started hiking up the bowl toward the pass
- 12:15 – Top of Twin Peaks (east summit; 11,330′)
- 12:22 – Left the top
- 12:38 – Lef the west summit
- 12:47 – Back at the west summit
- 1:28 – Top of Sunrise Peak sub-summit
- 1:42 – Top of Sunrise Peak
- 1:50 – Left the top of Sunrise Peak
- 2:38 – Top of Dromedary Peak
- 2:48 – Left the top of Dromedary Peak
- 3:45 – Made it back to the snow in the bowl
- 4:38 – Back at the pond
- 5:40 – Back at the car
So it turned out to be
- 8 hrs 36 min car-to-car.
- 5,230′ vertical elevation gain from the parking lot to the summit of Twin Peaks, not including the up and down elevations for the other two peaks
- I’m not sure what the round trip mileage was, but I’m guessing less than 5.5 miles. Not much mileage, but a lot of elevation gain.
Note: In several of the photos below there is a dark dot near the upper-right corner. Some dirt/dust got into my camera. Sorry.
» SUV RVing: How to Travel, Camp, Sleep, Explore, and Thrive in the Ultimate Tiny House
» 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks: Tips for Better Sport Climbing, Trad Climbing, Multi-Pitch Climbing, Rappelling, and More
» Hiking Arches National Park: An Opinionated Guide to the Park's Best Hikes
» Everest Pilgrim: A Solo Trek to Nepal's Everest Base Camp and Beyond
» Himalayan Pilgrim: A Chronicle of Independent Trekking Through Nepal's Less-Traveled Regions
» Annapurna Pilgrim: A Solo Trek of Nepal's Annapurna Circuit in Winter
» 365 Blog Post Ideas: Years of Blogging Ideas for Any Niche